[Openstack] Fwd: Question about cloudfiles API

Shawn Heisey launchpad at elyograg.org
Tue May 29 20:58:43 UTC 2012

On 5/24/2012 7:25 PM, Luis Gervaso wrote:
 > Hi Shawn,
 >
 > You can try with OpenStack Java SDK
 >
 > https://github.com/woorea/openstack-java-sdk
 >
 > https://github.com/woorea/openstack-java-sdk/wiki/Swift-Tutorial

Is there a jar I can download and a list of dependencies?  That appears
to be a source archive, I'm looking for a binary release.

Is this API faster than the rackspace cloudfiles API?  I am getting
terrible performance numbers with cloudfiles.  This is in bytes per
second, both the proxy and storage networks are gigabit:

totalCount: 10024
Max rate: 16290
Median rate: 2859
99th percentile rate: 9126
95th percentile rate: 6673
75th percentile rate: 4266

A similar program using the GridFS API in MongoDB several weeks ago,
running on the same server testbed:

totalCount: 9050
Max rate: 121353
Median rate: 42377