[Openstack] Identity API v3 - Why allow multi-tenant users?

Caitlin Bestler Caitlin.Bestler at nexenta.com
Tue May 29 18:47:13 UTC 2012

Tim Bell wrote:

➢ In the research environment, we have frequent cases where a user is associated with multiple tenants.

>  For example, when you are finishing work on a previous project but are mainly working on the new one.

> As we move towards domain/tenant/user, we need to ensure that the tools support multi-tenant per user. Correct accounting is critical.

> This does require extra code but it is relevant given the use cases.

What you are describing strikes me as a single tenant with multiple projects. It is similar to a corporate environment with multiple departments.

I am seeing a major problem here when the tenants are truly separate and the only possible administrator in common is the service provider.