[Openstack] File injection support

Nicolae Paladi n.paladi at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:35:03 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am looking for more information about file injection support in OpenStack
and find it increasingly inconsistent and incomplete. I have several
questions:

* This wiki article (http://wiki.openstack.org/HypervisorSupportMatrix)
claims
that file injection is supported in XenServer, is NOT supported inn KVM
it's not clear about the others. is that still the case? At least there is
some mentioning of file injection in the openstack xenserver wiki:
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServer/Development

* Is there any guide or man page where file injection is explained? in this
use case I would like to inject a file to e.g. /etc/security/zzzz.conf at
launch
time -- is that possible, and if yes how can it be done in the Essex
release.

* Are there any discussions about "the future" of file injection?

Thanks a lot!
/Nico.