[Openstack] New layout of the OpenStack mailing lists

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Sat May 26 13:46:36 UTC 2012

From: openstack-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+atul.jha=csscorp.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Stefano Maffulli [stefano at openstack.org]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:19 PM
To: Daniel P. Berrange
Cc: User Groups Community,      OpenStack; openstack

On Fri 25 May 2012 01:04:20 AM PDT, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I'm surprised to see the announce list being removed. What is the
> rational for that. Most large projects have a very low traffic
> list (~1 msg per day) dedicated for project announcements of new
> releases, security notices, important community messages etc, that
> is explicitly separate from the general users / developpers lists
> which are high traffic.

The rationale is that in 2012 we have better ways to send announcements
out: blogs, RSS, twitter, G+, newsletters, etc. Besides, the list
hasn't been used for months and nobody complained for the lack of
content.

+1

In any case, my  idea is to replace the list with a newsletter: people
interested in receiving regular updates (like the weekly newsletter I
send out) will subscribe there.

cheers,
stef