[Openstack] Fwd: Nodejs in horizon

Simon G. semyazz at gmail.com
Fri May 25 12:41:20 UTC 2012

Hello,

I don't want to be rude, but fast research about point *3c* and sockets => PyPi
search<http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=socket.io&submit=search>

   - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/SocketTornad.IO/
   - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TornadIO2/0.0.3 ,
   https://github.com/MrJoes/tornadio2
   - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-socketio/0.3.3
   - http://mrjoes.github.com/2011/12/15/sockjs-bench.html

How mature are those projects? I don't know. I'm not an expert in python.
I'm just trying to find alternatives to Node.js if almost everything is in
python. I'm just testing Openstack and right now I'm trying to add
something to nova, but I really like horizon and if it's possible, I'd like
to avoid node.js. I'm not a fan of this technology even if it's popular and
fast, because I just have some doubts about Javascript and its
maintainability.

Decision belongs to you guys who really develop this part of Openstack.

*
*

--
*Semy*