[Openstack] Deployments in Scientific Environments

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu May 24 21:07:23 UTC 2012

CERN is more of a high throughput computing environment rather than a high
performance site.  Although we do multi-core, our programs are not the large
scale floating point programs of some other sciences, so GPUs etc. are not a
significant gain for us.

CERN is currently targeting a pre-production service based on OpenStack this
year and targetting around 15,000 hypervisors spread across two data centres
by 2015.

For a quick overview, see http://cern.ch/go/NH9w

Tim

Of