[Openstack] devstack installation failing

Salman Malik salmanmk at live.com
Thu May 24 15:40:13 UTC 2012

Thanks Dolph for explaining the full command. Here is my output:

keystone --os_username=admin --os_password=nova --os_tenant_name=admin --os_auth_url=http://10.0.3.15:5000/v2.0/ tenant-list

No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneclient.client"
Invalid tenant (HTTP 401)

where I used:
os_username=admin (default username that I previously used to access the dashboard)
os_password=nova(password that I set during devstack installation and can be seen in localrc, that I previously used to access dashboard)
os_tenant_name=admin(same as project name ? This is one of the two default projects that I used to launch instances for)

I hope my credentials are correct (as explained above) but still I see Invalid tenant as command's output. Any ideas?
Also, it would be great if you could correct my understanding of the following terms: os_user=cloud user that provides IaaS to the tenants (and tenant is also know as project in os jargon?)

Thanks,
Salman