[Openstack] Greatest deployment?

SoLa solauf3in at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:46:43 UTC 2012

Hello,

Few days ago I read something about OpenNebula,it's the main competitor in
open source for Openstack, beside Eucalyptus, as far as i know. I found (
http://blog.opennebula.org) something about "tens of thousands of VMs" and
OpenNebula's performance (maybe CERN has such huge deployment, who knows
they didn't mention that) and I'm just wondering what about Openstack
performance. Can anyone praise about biggest deployments? How many VMs can
Openstack actually supervise? Any large-scale achievements?

OpenNebula has also this advantage, for me, that it's designed also to
provide scientific cloud and it's used by few research centres and even
supercomputing centres. How about Openstack? Anyone tried deploy it in
supercomputing environment? Maybe huge cluster or GPU cluster or any other
scientific group is using Openstack? Is anyone using Openstack in scentific
environement or Openstack's purpose is to create commercial only cloud
(business - large and small companies)?

Btw. I've read some time ago about Openstack presentation at CERN (I've
just briefly looked at it - link
CERN?<http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=175809>),
maybe it's good idea to think also about scientific use cases?

Cheers,