[Openstack] [OpenStack][Keystone][LDAP] Does LDAP driver support for validating subtree user?

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed May 23 20:20:37 UTC 2012

RIght now I think the LDAP queries are limited to one level of the
Subtree,  but actually it might be possible to loosen this up, and thus
get subtree queries.

For example, if you look at the implementation of keystone/common/
ldap/core.py,  you can see that most of the queries are like this:

  return conn.search_s(self.tree_dn, ldap.SCOPE_ONELEVEL, query)

But I know of no reason that they should be limited to
ldap.SCOPE_ONELEVEL.  At a minimum,  we might be able to make this a
configuration value,  but I suspect that expanding this to
SCOPE_SUBTREE.  Would you be interested in testing that change out?