[Openstack] python-swiftclient in gerrit

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Mon May 21 10:25:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

As mentioned a couple of times we are splitting python-swiftclient out
of swift, this is mostly ready to cut in its own gerrit project here :

https://github.com/chmouel/python-swiftclient

monty any chance to get that repo into gerrit with the swift-core
being the approvers.

I haven't add much more than make it works, I am waiting to get it
into gerrit to before starting to do a bit of refactoring and
additions.

The other steps needed to be done to make python-swiftclient a
world-class library for other OpenStack components will be :

- remove  the swift.common.client and bin/swift and unittests from swift.
- Update the bin/swift-dispersion-(report|populate) tools, utils
swift.container.sync feature and functional tests to use the new
library.
- Update documentation.
- Let people know about the namespace change (ie: blog post).
- Work on migrating horizon from python-cloudfiles.
- Work on Glance integration.

As suggested, we probably can move swift.common.direct_client[1] to
swiftclient, if nobody has any objection I'll move it under the
namespace swiftclient.admin after we have moved to gerrit.

Let me know if I have missed something.

Chmouel.

[1] For people wondering :
      """Internal client library for making calls directly to the
servers rather than
      through the proxy."""