[Openstack] About openstack common client

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:49:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Yong Sheng Gong <gongysh at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> I just want to ask about the relationship among openstackclient
> https://launchpad.net/python-openstackclient and other clients.
> Will openstackclient replace other clients ( such as quantum client,
> keystone client, nova client, xx) or just a supplement?

It will be a fully-functional-and-then-some replacement.

> by now, the openstackclient is calling codes from other clients, so it seems
> it is just another client wrapper. In this case, we will have to implement
> two set of front codes to call specific client. One will be in
> openstackclient, and one will be in separate client itself.

I'm not sure what you are implementing here; if it is an interface
that uses the CLI to drive OpenStack then you only need to talk to one
CLI (openstackclient) or to the existing CLIs (*client).
openstackclient has an advantage for scripted use in that it has an
option for easily parsable output.

dt

--

Dean Troyer