[Openstack] [Dashboard] Can't access images/snapshots

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Thu May 17 18:39:10 UTC 2012

Two points:

Nova Volume is a required service for Essex Horizon. That's documented, and there are plans to make it optional for Folsom. However, not having it should yield a pretty error message in the dashboard, not a KeyError in novaclient, which leads me to my second point...

It sounds like your Keystone service catalog is misconfigured. If you're seeing Swift (AKA Object Store) in the dashboard, that means it's in your keystone service catalog. Swift is a completely optional component and is triggered on/off by the presence of an "object-store" endpoint returned by Keystone.

I'd check and make sure the services listed in Keystone's catalog are correct for what's actually running in your environment.

All the best,

-          Gabriel