[Openstack] nova-manage network create does not create the bridges/vlans immediately

Eric Dodemont eric.dodemont at skynet.be
Thu May 17 12:07:06 UTC 2012

Omar,

After you have configured all your networks/vlans with "nova-manage
network create", no vlan interfaces and no bridges will be created on
the nova-network node and the nova-compute nodes. The first vlan
interface and bridge will only be created the first time you boot an
instance for a given tenant.

If you boot for the first time an instance for a given tenant:

- a free network/vlan will be attributed to that tenant and this for ever;
- a vlan interface with a bridge and a dhcp connected on it will be
created on the nova-network node;
- a vlan interface with a bridge connected on it will be created on the
nova-compute node which has been chosen to run the instance.

Eric