[Openstack] [client] Hacking on the client

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Wed May 16 16:12:25 UTC 2012

If I want to hack on python-openstackclient, how should I set things up so I don't need to install the egg to run it? I know how to install it, but I'd like to be able to make changes and run them without going through an install cycle.

I tried to do this:

export PYTHONPATH=~/python-openstackclient
alias openstack="python ~/python-openstackclient/openstackclient/shell.py"

And it sort of works, but I get an unpleasant warning whenever I run things:

/Users/lorin/.virtualenvs/client/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cliff/commandmanager.py:6: UserWarning: Module argparse was already imported from /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/argparse.pyc, but /Users/lorin/.virtualenvs/client/lib/python2.7/site-packages is being added to sys.path

So I assume there's a better way than what I'm doing.

Take care,

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein