[Openstack] What the flag connection_type stands for ?

Razique Mahroua razique.mahroua at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:29:35 UTC 2012

Hi,
what in nova.conf connection_type stands for ?

I only found that info
  http://nova.openstack.org/api/nova.virt.connection.html#module-nova.virt.connection
"This could benova.virt.fake.FakeConnection
<http://nova.openstack.org/api/nova.virt.fake.html#nova.virt.fake.FakeConnection>in
test mode, a connection to KVM, QEMU, or UML vialibvirt_conn, or a
connection to XenServer or Xen Cloud Platform viaxenapi. "

I've only been able to make nova-compute register itself to
nova-scheduler only after I set
--connection_type=fake

while I use qemu that libvirt connects to. When that flag was set
connection_type=libvirt, I was unable to spawn a qemu instance (ttlyinux)
with connection_type=fake it work

thanks guys
Razique

--