[Openstack] Fwd: [Compute] nova-compute does not show up as ":-)" in nova-manage service list

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Wed May 16 13:57:27 UTC 2012

Interesting.. I've never seen that before and honestly have no clue why
root would fail, but a less privileged account would succeed.

Also.. I should have mentioned, I found that certain libvirt stalls needed
an explicit `service libvirt-bin stop && service libvirt-bin start` to get
it going again rather than a `service libvirt-bin restart`.

Thanks,
Kiall