[Openstack] Fwd: [Compute] nova-compute does not show up as ":-)" in nova-manage service list

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Wed May 16 13:44:21 UTC 2012

Almost all of the libvirt issues I ran into were "fixed" by restarting
libvirt, and on one occasion, rebooting the server.

I narrowed some of the issues down to various libvirt bugs at the time, but
never followed up after an Ubuntu update fixed the issues..

All that said, "I tried 'virsh list', and the command hangs." sounds very
familiar - as does your log output ;)

Have you attempted to restart libvirt yet? (`service libvirt-bin restart`)

Thanks,
Kiall