[Openstack] Fwd: [Compute] nova-compute does not show up as ":-)" in nova-manage service list

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Wed May 16 13:28:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Alisson Soares Limeira Pontes <
apontes at cpqd.com.br> wrote:

> If the problem is libvirt, nova-compute should not be running, and it
> would be reported in the /var/log/nova/nova.conf and in
> /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log
>
> Verify with
> $ service nova-compute status

I've seen *many* cases where nova stalls due to some libvirt issues. I
wouldn't be so quick to rule libvirt out just because the nova-compute
process is alive!

It can also be a sincronization problem.
> Did you properly configured ntp??

I believe this is a single server (well .. VM) setup. NTP /
time synchronization should not be an issue.

Thanks,
Kiall