[Openstack] SAN and Fibrechannel with OpenStack

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wolfgang.hennerbichler at risc-software.at
Wed May 16 09:05:32 UTC 2012

dear openstack godfathers;

I do plan to migrate from crappy vmware and some ibm based cloud stack
to openstack and kvm. here's the thing: I am lucky enough to have decent
hardware, all the compute nodes are interconnected via fibre channel.
so I don't want and don't need  iscsi. do you think I can make it with
something like clvm? I read through the docs of openstack, but I am not
really sure now if I can make clvm fly without hacking around in
openstack (and nova-volume) too much, especially when it comes to live
migration and so on...

I realize OpenStack was not built for SAN and FC, but I would really
like to hear your opinions on that.
Thanks,

Wolfgang
--