[Openstack] Baremetal Support

Mikyung Kang mkkang at isi.edu
Tue May 15 19:40:51 UTC 2012

Hello Chuck,

The general bare-metal framework and tilera-specific back-end descriptions are written in the following wiki page.

http://wiki.openstack.org/HeterogeneousTileraSupport
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/heterogeneous-tilera-architecture-support

The nova/virt/baremetal/* codes were pushed into essex,
but HeterogeneousInstanceTypes and HeterogeneousArchitectureScheduler were not merged into upstream yet.

Currently, to support general IPMI-PXE machines and extend features (including ARM instance types),
we (USI/ISI) are collaborating with NTT docomo and Calxeda for the following blueprint.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/general-bare-metal-provisioning-framework

Please let us know if you have more questions or need more description about bare-metal support.

Thanks,
Mikyung