[Openstack] Devstack installation script changed ?

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Sun May 13 02:25:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Salman Malik <salmanmk at live.com> wrote:

>  Hi,

The devstack script changes all the time actually, see:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/commits/master

> I am asking this because last time when I tried devstack on virtualbox, I
> got OpenVswitch plugin installed with it (along with ovs_quantum_plugin.ini
> file) and could use it with quantum but now when I am trying to install
> devstack on a physical node, the script isn't installing open vswitch
> plugin because the directory structure of installed files seems to be
> different because when I run ./stack.sh after adding q-agt and q-svc to
> enabled services in localrc, the installation fails complaining that
> /etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini is not found. But
> this path was present in my previous installation on virtualbox (I don't
> seem to remember if I had done anything special to get this plugin config
> in this path).

Devstack with Quantum create
/etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini, using
/opt/stack/quantum/etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini
as the initial version.

See: https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/stack.sh#L1103

Dan

> Comments please?