[Openstack] [OpenStack][Keystone] Blueprint to store quota data in Keystone

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Fri May 11 15:07:43 UTC 2012

Hi Everett,

> 1. For the keystone CLI I'm proposing using JSON for batch create, update,
> and delete of quotas. I don't believe this is done anywhere else in
> OpenStack. Good idea? Bad idea?
> My plan is to go with the JSON.

IMO, using JSON on the command line is pretty unconventional with regards
to classic CLI commands, but I do think it is interesting.

With regard to your "dot" notation, couldn't multiple --quota args be used?
For example:

keystone quota-create --quota nova.ram=102400 --quota nova.instances=20
--quota swift.total=1073741824 <tenant-id>

This is definitely possible programmatically with Python and the
opt-parsing modules, but I was wondering if you chose not to use it as an
example for other non-programmatic reasons.

Secondly, with regard to quota-create and quota-update, is there a huge
difference between the two besides one would ultimately do an "insert" and
one would do an "update"? If that is the only difference, could the two be
combined into a single "quota-set" subcommand?

Thanks,
Joe

--
Joe Topjian
Systems Administrator

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.