[Openstack] 'admin' role hard-coded in keystone and nova, and policy.json

Brian Waldon brian.waldon at rackspace.com
Fri May 11 01:32:01 UTC 2012

Dolph: I think what Salman is looking for is some want to configure what role is used to determine admin-ness within a service. For example, Glance allows you to set a 'service_role' option. The context.is_admin checks make sure whatever role defined in service_role is found in the roles returned by Keystone rather than assuming it is 'admin'.

Salman: As for documentation, you can look to http://glance.openstack.org/policies.html for an overview of what is available in Glance.

Brian