[Openstack] [Metering] External API definition

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Thu May 10 14:39:35 UTC 2012

Daniel Dyer <dan.dyer00 at gmail.com> wrote: One per installation, at least, since the source field could allow to aggregate informations from multiple installations.

>Is it your assumption that there will be one metering service per
>"installation" or one per service (i.e swift, nova)? My assumption
>would be
>a single metering service, so the API would need to handle some
>additional
>use cases:
>-list services supported
>-list metrics for a service type
>-get metric details

One per installation, at least, since the source field could allow to aggregate information from multiple installations. Can't See any reason why not to offer what you list above, even though one may deduce the component from the counter name.

>I would also consider separate use cases for accessing raw events vs.
>aggregated metrics.

I think the extension proposal from Loic would cover that and more.