[Openstack] i18n of log message

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Thu May 10 09:33:17 UTC 2012

I18N is an architecture decision. Besides developers, we should also
consult customers' options.

I18N is a very big scope. It includes not only translation, but also
Date/time format, number format,
or even the input of non-English characters. Surely I18N will take some
efforts. But considering
OpenStack may have a long history, it deserve us to pay some time to work
on it. We need to consider
it carefully. Maybe we can just pick out several very popular
locales/languages and work on these localization
firstly. It will ensure we have a correct architecture to suppor I18N, with
a not very big effort.

I'd like to help on the process documenting.

Regards
Daisy

openstack-bounces+guoyingc=cn.ibm.com at lists.launchpad.net wrote on
05/09/2012 12:55:48 AM: