[Openstack] [Metering] schema and counter definitions

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Wed May 9 21:11:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Tomasz Paszkowski <ss7pro at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Doug Hellmann
> <doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com> wrote:
> >
> > Nice!
> >
> > For production code I think we are going to want to separate collection
> from
> > storage, aren't we? We don't want each compute node to require access to
> the
> > database server (that's an issue with nova that they are trying to fix
> > during the folsom release, IIRC).
>
> Yes. Part of the code responsible for amqp support is not functional yet :(

OK, that's what I thought.

We all seem to be reinventing different parts of the services that we will
eventually need, which is good for education but may be wasting a bit of
energy. Is it premature to start talking a little more about architecture
so we can start splitting up the implementation work and focusing that
energy differently? There is a lot of work we can do independently of the
remaining decisions outlined in
http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda.