[Openstack] questions on the dynamic loading of virt drivers in nova

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 9 20:32:35 UTC 2012

I'm familiarizing myself with the nova code and trying to reconcile that
while there is dynamic class based loading in ComputeManager using
import_utils in __init__() there is also a defaulting to the
nova.virt.connection.get_connection function.

That's actually got a big if / else statement of string literals of
known virt drivers, and then loads specific virt drivers from there.

Is there a reason for both approaches? Can we refactor to a point where
we don't need need of a common file with driver specific imports and
string literals? Is there a reason not to?

Thanks,

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague