[Openstack] [nova] why does notification use a "topic" exchange instead of "fanout"?

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed May 9 19:59:12 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 01:57 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Is that the preferred way to do it, rather than attaching another queue
> to the existing exchange with the same routing key?

I would just do what you're doing now, which is to use the existing
exchange.  That lets the message broker do the work of duplicating the
message as opposed to making nova send the message multiple times.

Perhaps using another exchange would make sense if it made ACLs easier
for ensuring that an application can only get notifications, and nothing
else on the nova exchange.

--
Russell Bryant