[Openstack] Swift Object Storage

Juan J. Martinez juan at memset.com
Wed May 9 10:13:04 UTC 2012

On 09/05/12 04:02, Sid Sudhi wrote:

> I am trying to write a script to upload large sized files. I am
> encountering the following limitations - can some one shed some light if
> they can help me over come the issue?
>
> When files are big and they uploaded with chunks these chunks do not
> delete automatically. And the file composed from these chunks has no
> size metadata.

I reported a bug about container object listing:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bug/874119

You should get the right information if you run a GET or HEAD request
over the object (check the bug report for an example).

> Any suggestions?

AFAIK the chunks need to be there. There are two different things:

 - objects parts (chunks)
 - manifest file (that tells swift how to assemble the file)

Regards,

Juan