[Openstack] nova-manage network documentation

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed May 9 08:06:17 UTC 2012

The flags can be viewed using the --help command (see below).

Dan

danwent at ubuntu:~/nova$ bin/nova-manage network --help
--help does not match any options:
 create
delete
list
 modify
quantum_list

danwent at ubuntu:~/nova$ bin/nova-manage network create --help
Usage: nova-manage network create <args> [options]

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  --label=<label>       Label for network (ex: public)
  --fixed_range_v4=<x.x.x.x/yy>
                        IPv4 subnet (ex: 10.0.0.0/8)
  --num_networks=<number>
                        Number of networks to create
  --network_size=<number>
                        Number of IPs per network
  --vlan=<vlan id>      vlan id
  --vpn=VPN_START       vpn start
  --fixed_range_v6=FIXED_RANGE_V6
                        IPv6 subnet (ex: fe80::/64
  --gateway=GATEWAY     gateway
  --gateway_v6=GATEWAY_V6
                        ipv6 gateway
  --bridge=<bridge>     VIFs on this network are connected to this bridge
  --bridge_interface=<bridge interface>
                        the bridge is connected to this interface
  --multi_host=<'T'|'F'>
                        Multi host
  --dns1=<DNS Address>  First DNS
  --dns2=<DNS Address>  Second DNS
  --uuid=<network uuid>
                        Network UUID
  --fixed_cidr=<x.x.x.x/yy>
                        IPv4 subnet for fixed IPS (ex: 10.20.0.0/16)
  --project_id=<project id>
                        Project id
  --priority=<number>   Network interface priority

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Michaël Van de Borne <
michael.vandeborne at cetic.be> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I might be missing something, but I can't find any comprehensive
> documentation of the 'nova-manage network' subcommand.
>
> The only doc entries I find about this are examples, but no list of flags,
> neither in 'man nova-manage', nor in 'nova-manage --help' nor in
> http://nova.openstack.org/**runnova/nova.manage.html<http://nova.openstack.org/runnova/nova.manage.html>
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> michaël
>

> --
> Michaël Van de Borne
> R&D Engineer, SOA team, CETIC
> Phone: +32 (0)71 49 07 45 Mobile: +32 (0)472 69 57 16, Skype: mikemowgli
> www.cetic.be, rue des Frères Wright, 29/3, B-6041 Charleroi

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt