[Openstack] [Metering] External API definition

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Wed May 9 00:43:50 UTC 2012

On 05/08/2012 11:39 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
[..]
>     * Requests must be authenticated (separate from keystone, or only linked
>     to accounting type account)
>

> What is the motivation for authenticating with a service other than
> keystone?

The only thing I am trying to express here is that that profiles that
have access to other OpenStack components should not necessarily have
access to metering information.  This information should be accessible
only a few select users which group may or may not intersect with users
stored in Keystone already.

Nick