[Openstack] [Nova] EC2 api testing

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Tue May 8 18:39:00 UTC 2012

I was really just thinking of "borrowing" the test framework around tempest, rather than push the tests back to tempest. I agree we don't want to be too tied to OpenStack.  I certainly would like to have this running against CloudStack too.

I hoped we could look at doing testing from a user perspective. Maybe having tests like: test_instatance_s3_style_success, test_instance_s3_style_failure_bad_image, etc. Each can check the request, functional and scheme compliance.

Could the documentation start a the list of passed and failed tests? Possibly the failure should either be "non-compliant" or "not implemented". Maybe "non-compliant" could specify which versions it is not compliant with.

Cheers,
John