[Openstack] HTTPD Keystone and Devstack

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue May 8 14:38:29 UTC 2012

Keystone will be able to run out of HTTPD once a fix is in for
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/994860 .

Right now,  in order tokick off development,  I run Devstack, and then
kill the Keystone server.   However,  this does not correctly configure
glance or any other components that need to work with Keystone.  Doing
these by hand is time consuming an error prone,  and I have started
working on modifying devstack in order to be able to use the HTTPD
version Keystone exclusively.

I am wondering if there is any need to keep the Eventlet support in
Keystone. Since Horizon is already done as a Full HTTPD app, we have at
least one case where people are able to do development directly inside
HTTPD.  I realize it is nice doe development, for example, to run
Eventlet with import pdb and then throwing a breakpoint into the code.

Devstack runs HTTPD as the developers userid.  It seems to me that this
pattern could be extended to Keystone, as well as to all of the other
Web applications in openstack, if we so desired.

So,  is there any reason to maintain the Eventlet code in Keystone?  If
so,  is there any reason to keep using Eventlet for Keystone in Devstack?