[Openstack] Nova subsystem branches and feature branches

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue May 8 11:02:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 12:28 -0700, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> Apologies for top posting.  Just wanted to say +1
>
> This all makes sense to me.

Great, thanks.

We should start trying to do some of this. One thing to figure out is
what our first subsystem branch should be? What we choose isn't so much
about the code as about who is willing to be the first subsystem
maintainer and work through the pain of figuring out a process which
works.

For feature branches, we should start doing it now. I think Dan Berrange
set a good example with his libvirt XML generation work which was pushed
to his fork on github, posted to the mailing list as an RFC and then
landed as soon as folsom opened:

  https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg08408.html

Basically, I think we should automatically -2 any "WIP" patches in
gerrit and ask people to follow Dan's example. Starting with Vek :)

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/6774/
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/7048/

Cheers,
Mark.