[Openstack] [Nova] Blueprints for Folsom

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:16:09 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

The number of blueprints for nova has gotten entirely out-of-hand.  I've obsoleted about 40 blueprints and there are still about 150 blueprints for nova. Many of these are old, or represent features that are cool ideas, but haven't had any activity in a long time. I've attempted to target all of the relevant blueprints to Folsom.  You can see the progress here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/folsom

I would like to get our nova blueprints cleaned up as much as possible.  In one week, I am going to mark all blueprints that are not targeted to folsom Obsolete. This will allow us to start over from a clean slate. So here is what I need from everyone:

1. If you see a blueprint on the main nova list that is not targeted to folsom that should stay around, please let me know ASAP or it will get deleted:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova

2. Operational Support Team, there are a bunch of blueprints that are not targeted to folsom, so please either target them or mark them obsolete by next week.

3. Orchestration Team, there are a whole bunch of blueprints relating to orchestration, some seem like duplicates, I'm tempted to just delete them all and start over with one or two simple blueprints with clear objectives.  I don't really know which ones are current, so please help with this.

4. There are a bunch of blueprints targeted to folsom that don't have people assigned yet. If you want to help with coding, there is a lot of opportunity there, so let me know if I can assign one of the blueprints to you.

5. If there is any work being done as a result of the summit that doesn't have an associated blueprint, please make one and let me know so I can target it.

6. If you are a blueprint assignee, please let me know when you can have the work completed so I can finish assigning blueprints to milestones

I'm currently working on prioritizing the targeted blueprints, so hopefully we have a decent list of priorities by the meeting tomorrow.

Thanks for the help,
Vish