[Openstack] Launching vpn image issue

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Sat May 5 10:47:23 UTC 2012

On 05/05/2012 02:45 AM, Anton Haldin wrote:
> hi
>
> I found guestmount in libguestfs-tools-c package.
> and I had such issue with guestmount in centos.
>
> in ubuntu I thought by default nova-compute would use nbd .  if you did not change   img_handlers flag.

By default loop,nbd,libguestfs injection methods are tried in that order.
You may need to ensure the nbd module is loaded for that method to work.

If you do need the extra capabilities of libguestfs, then...

According to http://packages.ubuntu.com/, there
is a guestmount package available for precise.
However there may be issues with that:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2012-April/thread.html#00028

There are also oneric versions available independently:
http://libguestfs.org/download/binaries/ubuntu1004-packages/

For the record, the Fedora and the EPEL (for use with centos etc.)
openstack packages, auto install the libguestfs-mount package.

cheers,
Pádraig.