[Openstack] [Glance] Replication implementations

Michael Still michael.still at canonical.com
Fri May 4 07:39:07 UTC 2012

On 04/05/12 04:07, Brian Waldon wrote:
> I think the path forward is first to gather information on what
> people are already doing w.r.t. replication, which you have helped
> trigger with this email. I'm definitely interested in seeing your
> solution. Once we get this information out in the open, we need to
> explore these existing solutions can be included with Glance. I'd
> prefer to go with an external tool that handles replication rather
> than baking it directly into the code right now, but if the work has
> already been done, I'm more than happy to consider it.

My code is a separate tool, and I agree that's the way to go. It makes
it much easier for systems integrators to tweak how it works to meet
their needs, and if we find something that you can't do via the API that
probably indicates a gap in the API more than anything else.

I will try and make some time early next week to clean up the code
enough to show it to you without you laughing at me.

Mikal