[Openstack] [offtopic] Occasion to learn from Ubuntu Developer Summit how to enable remote participation

Duncan McGreggor duncan at dreamhost.com
Fri May 4 02:21:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> The Ubuntu IS team is setting up their famous infrastructure for UDS on
> Sunday from 9am-6pm. This may be a good chance for people that are
> already in the San Francisco/Oakland to learn a few tricks from the experts.
>
> If you're interested in learning how they deploy their network
> infrastructure and enable remote participation let me or Jorge Castro know.

I couldn't agree with you more on this! I attended abotu 6 UDS from
2008 to 2011, -- elmo and crew REALLY rock out the infrastructure and
support for an event that is super-intense, super-focused, and one of
the most amazing aspects of the core development community in Ubuntu.
There's often a significant amount of remote participation -- and not
just listening! I mean remote folks, being engaged in the discussions,
planning, architecting, etc., right there on IRC while discussions are
being broadcast.

Good stuff!

Wish I was there with you guys right now!

Let us know how it goes...