[Openstack] questions about IP addressing and network config

Jimmy Tsai cmingt at gmail.com
Thu May 3 16:55:04 UTC 2012

I tried with following tests:
1)
add "firewall_driver = nova.virt.firewall.IptablesFirewallDriver" to
nova.conf
restart nova-compute
Change the following lines in
/usr/share/pyshared/nova/virt/libvirt/firewall.py
    self._define_filter(self._filter_container('nova-base',
                                                       ['no-mac-spoofing',
                                                        'no-ip-spoofing',
                                                        'no-arp-spoofing',

'allow-dhcp-server']))
    self._define_filter(self._filter_container('nova-base',

['allow-dhcp-server']))
then flush ebtables ruleset : ebtables -t nat -F
stop libvirt-bin & start libvirt-bin
Still generate the anti-spoofing rules

2)
change the action='drop' with 'accept' to following XML files
sed -i "s/action='drop'/ action='accept'/g"
/etc/libvirt/nwfilter/no-arp-ip-spoofing.xml
sed -i "s/action='drop'/ action='accept'/g" /etc/libvirt/nwfilter/
no-arp-mac-spoofing.xml
sed -i "s/action='drop'/ action='accept'/g" /etc/libvirt/nwfilter/
no-ip-spoofing.xml
sed -i "s/action='drop'/ action='accept'/g" /etc/libvirt/nwfilter/
no-mac-broadcast.xml
sed -i "s/action='drop'/ action='accept'/g" /etc/libvirt/nwfilter/
no-mac-spoofing.xml
sed -i "s/action='drop'/ action='accept'/g" /etc/libvirt/nwfilter/
no-other-l2-traffic.xml
sed -i "s/action='drop'/ action='accept'/g" /etc/libvirt/nwfilter/
no-other-rarp-traffic.xml

then flush ebtables ruleset : ebtables -t nat -F
stop libvirt-bin & start libvirt-bin

Okay, I can see accept rules, but the kvm processes is also gone at the
same time.
Don't know why.

still waiting for some help!!

-Jimmy