[Openstack] [Nova] RPC API Versioning Prototype

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu May 3 15:16:33 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 06:31 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> The code is in this branch:
>
>     https://github.com/russellb/nova/tree/bp/versioned-rpc-apis
>
> The best place to start is in this doc:
>
> https://github.com/russellb/nova/blob/bp/versioned-rpc-apis/README-versioned-rpc-apis.rst

I've started working on this again.  I picked one of the easier APIs
(nova-cert) to convert to show what converting a real API would look
like.  You can find documentation related to that here:

https://github.com/russellb/nova/blob/bp/versioned-rpc-apis/README-versioned-rpc-apis.rst#converting-an-api-to-be-versioned

My next steps:

1) Add unit tests.

2) Add docs to the code.

3) Convert some of the smaller APIs.

Once those are done, I would like to propose it for master and then
tackle the more complex APIs, such as nova-compute, one-by-one without
holding up getting the core infrastructure bits in.

As always, feedback welcome.

--
Russell Bryant