[Openstack] Missing(?) keystone service catalog

Nick Lothian nick.lothian at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:54:57 UTC 2012

My /etc/keystone/keystone.conf says:

[catalog]
template_file = /etc/keystone/default_catalog.templates
# dynamic, sql-based backend (supports API/CLI-based management commands)
driver = keystone.catalog.backends.templated.TemplatedCatalog

(This is the default from devstack).

I did look at that, but made the mistake of assuming the comment was
correct and referred to the next line, especially since the next, commented
out entry said it was the file-based one. My mistake I guess - I'll try the
SQL one.

Shouldn't the API give a read-only view of the service catalog if CRUD
operations are unavailable?