[Openstack] [Metering] how should it be done ? ( Was: schema and counter definitions)

Loic Dachary loic at enovance.com
Thu May 3 07:47:21 UTC 2012

On 05/03/2012 05:25 AM, Andrew Clay Shafer wrote:

>     Integrating the metering agents as part of the core component, much in the same way it's currently done in nova.
>

> What specifically is done?
>
> If metering is not integrated in the beginning it will likely never be.

Hi,

I'm refering to http://wiki.openstack.org/SystemUsageData . In another thread on this list ( Subject: Understanding SystemUsageData and its evolution ) I asked the author Dragon Monsyne about its evolution and how to get per-IP meters which does not seem to be possible at the moment.

Do you know who would be most interested in discussing metering among the swift or quantum developers ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary         Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs   http://labs.enovance.com