[Openstack] database migration cleanup

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Wed May 2 20:20:24 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Hey Vish,

This is an outline of what I did to test MySQL and PostgreSQL to ensure the compact migration script generates *exactly* the same schemas as before:

http://wiki.openstack.org/database_migration_testing

As things stand both MySQL and PostgreSQL are exactly the same. I have some pending changes that I've found in the schemas that need to be fixed in Folsom... but the goal here was to replicate Essex with migration 082 so that is what I did.

Sqlite has a few differences (indexes for example). How important is it that the Sqlite schema be exactly the same? Unit tests are passing.

Dan