[Openstack] OpenStack Client Followup

Duncan McGreggor duncan at dreamhost.com
Wed May 2 17:32:26 UTC 2012

You make some fair points.

But consider the large class of cloud users that will never need to
bring up OpenStack from scratch, but rather maintain them. These users
will need to be able to easily identify the commands that pertain to
their daily maintenance, troubleshooting, and reporting tasks. Design
of a CLI tool for different audiences is just as important as visual
interface design.

However, anticipating that now, before we have solid usage data, may
be premature.

In order to eventually deliver improved organization of CLI commands
and a good usability experience for all classes of users, I'd ask that
we at least leave room in the design of these tools such that
improving the command organization later will be a trivial task.