[Openstack] Proposal for manuals translation process

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed May 2 15:55:59 UTC 2012

Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to know that you are working for a
> larger "goal". I don't know
> Launchpad is broken with code strings now. What do you mean when you
> said "Launchpad to be
> broken with code strings now "?

Actually it's our tooling around that (and more specifically, I believe,
the inclusion of translated strings back into code) that is currently
broken. Launchpad Translations itself works quite well (and strings are
still getting translated there).

The question is whether it's worth fixing it, so we must define our
objectives with respect to translations first :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack