[Openstack] Agenda for QA Weekly Status meeting

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Wed May 2 15:19:32 UTC 2012

The OpenStack QA Team holds public weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, Thursday at 13:00 EST (17:00 UTC). Everyone
interested in testing, quality assurance, performance engineering, etc,
should attend!

    Agenda for next meeting

* Review of last week's action items

(jaypipes) Get dev-gate-tempest-devstack-vm Jenkins job gating
Tempest by end of week

* Blockers preventing work from moving forward

None

* Outstanding code reviews

Review all outstanding code reviews in the queue:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/tempest,n,z

* New items for discussion

1. (Jay) Getting some consensus on what precisely a "smoke test" is and
discussing some code Jay will have pushed that cleans up our "smoke
test" abilities.

2. (David) Strategy for maintaining the stable/essex tempest branch:
   a) How much effort should we put into backports of new tempest tests?
   b) Should be we gating, or have jenkins jobs for, checkins to stable/essex code?

3. (Ravi) Status of Swift test development for Tempest

4. (Ravi) Freezing Diablo/Stable branch as we have Essex/Stable.

5. (Jay) Can we come to a consensus on the subset of Tempest tests that we
recommend to the core projects to gate their trunks?

* Open discussion