[Openstack] [client] creating blueprints for the unified CLI project

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Wed May 2 14:39:30 UTC 2012

Doug Hellmann (doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com) wrote:
> I have started creating blueprints from my notes about activities we need
> to complete for the unified CLI. Please check the list at
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/

Cool.  Presumably we don't need to wait until the next summit to have
these approved?  http://wiki.openstack.org/Process and the majority of
http://wiki.openstack.org/BlueprintsLifecycle suggests we would, but
the latter gives the meaning of the 'Discussion' value of the
'Definition' field as "Blueprint will be discussed at the design
summit or on the ML" which suggests that there is some flexibility
about whether blueprint lifecycles have to revolve around design
summits.

> and make sure I haven't missed anything that has been discussed so
> far, and open a blueprint if I have.

Is it worth having one for bash/zsh completion?  It seems that there
is some prior art here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/936423

and as you may have seen, one of my SUSE colleagues advertised some
new bash completion code elsewhere on this list today:

  https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg10991.html