[Openstack] [Metering] Understanding SystemUsageData and its evolution

Loic Dachary loic at enovance.com
Wed May 2 00:22:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I would like to better understand the rationale for the choices made for http://wiki.openstack.org/SystemUsageData values. For instance, why *bandwidth*:keys are network labels instead of IPs ? How to account for the bandwidth for a given IP ?

If that has already been discussed on this list I would very much appreciate a link to the thread.

I also wonder if you plan to modify the messages when quantum is being used. I assume IPs, bandwidth (and more) will then be in messages issued by quantum. How would that work ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary         Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs   http://labs.enovance.com