[Openstack] OpenStack Client Followup

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:40:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:
> How does this blueprint play into this client.  Is it a separate admin
> only client or just a subset of this guy?
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/admin-cli

Since we are consumers of the python-novaclient API libraries we need
to track the movement of the admin stuff.  That particular blueprint
has not been targeted yet so we don't know if it will be implemented
in folsom.

As far as whether we support admin-only commands, I think we should.
If they have their own client libs then we'll split them up too.  I
actually kind of liked the side effect of the old nova-manage in that
it was self-enforcing for admin-ness since you needed to run it on the
node itself.

dt

--

Dean Troyer