[Openstack] [client] OpenStack Client Followup

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:08:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Adam Spiers <aspiers at suse.com> wrote:
> Sorry, that made me think of another newbie question - is the
> intention that all actions (including user- / site- / vendor-specific
> extensions) *must* be implemented in Python using the client API
> modules?  Or will it also be able to support extensions simply by
> dropping arbitrary openstack-ACTION executables on $PATH?  I like the
> way git lets you do the latter, e.g. I have a bunch of shell scripts

At this point we have only talked about extending the client via
cliff-derived plugins.  I'm trying to decide what the value add of
arbitrary binaries being called is; the way I imagine it the binary
would have to duplicate the token flow auth at a minimum, why not just
call it directly?  git has the advantage here of keeping its state in
the filesystem.  What little state we have is in memory.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com